MS Office or Microsoft office is an accessible software suite emphasizing many system publishing programs. System users have the opportunity of using several various Microsoft Office suites. Suites which include designed for students, home users, small businesses, and corporations. What the user chooses depends on the circumstances.
Sometimes while operating the Microsoft Office suites, the users face Microsoft Office not working issues and need the assistance for the same. Therefore, here are some of the instructions which the user can follow while fixing these issues.
Microsoft Office not responding issues
Having problems with the Microsoft Outlook is not typical. This may lead to various hindrances in its operation. Some of the difficulties which are faced with Microsoft Office not working issues are:
- Error while opening
- Compatibility issues
- Memory problems
- Crashing issues
- Running the trial version
Microsoft Office troubleshooting
Here are some of the solutions to Microsoft Office Suites.
1. Problem :-
Error while opening
Sometimes the user goes through the message saying “Experienced an error while trying to open the file.” In Excel the user might get the message stating as “This file is corrupt and cannot be opened,” and when it comes to PowerPoint application the user may render one of the following error while Microsoft not responding issues:
- “The application was unable to start correctly.”
- “PowerPoint found a problem with <filename>.”
- “Sorry, PowerPoint can’t read <filename>.”
Fix1: Update the application
- Begin with the MS office suite and tap on the file tab
- Visit the account and choose update options
- Tap on update now button
Fix2: Using command prompt
- Begin the command prompt from the admin account and enter the following command:”icacls “%programfiles%\Microsoft Office 15” /grant *S-1-15-2-1:(OI)(CI)RX.”
- Now try to open the Office documents or simply contact Microsoft Office support.
Many times the user may have several versions of the same Office application installed or opposing DLL files might be making the errors. The compatibility test checks for this nails the difficulty factor.
Fix: Check the compatibility test
- Tap the file tab, and then tap Info.
- Tap the “Check for Issues,” option and then tap “Check Compatibility.” option
- In the Info tab, tap “Check Compatibility.” option.
While Microsoft Office troubleshooting the user faces a message stating that “there is not enough memory or disk space to run” then the user can follow these instructed steps:
Fix1: Cleaning up the Junk files
- Launch “EaseUS Partition Master” option and then tap on “Cleanup and Optimization.” Now select “Junk File Cleanup.”
- Tap “Analyze” to let the PC cleanup software and look for all the junk files on the system.
- Choose all the junk files the user wants to clear up and now tap “Clean up.”
Fix2: Clearing the virtual memory
- Tap on “My Computer” and then tap on the ‘Properties.” option
- In the System Properties dialog box, tap on the “Advanced” option
- Tap on the “Performance” Options.
- In the Virtual memory pane, tap on exchange to increase the paging file.
- After the user changes the setting, tap on set, and then tap ok.
- In the “System Control Panel Applet” box, tap ok to the message stating “The modifications you have made require you to restart your system before they can take effect” option.
- Tap on ok to terminate the “Performance Options” dialog box, and then tap on ok to close the “System Properties” dialog box.
- Now restart the system.
- If you still face the issue then simply contact Microsoft support
Office Applications Crashes Frequently on Windows application. After launch, the user faces issue regarding the same and while opening or editing office documents.
Fix: Repair Office Suite
If the office applications kept on crashing, then the user can repair it using built-in Repair tool. To access this follow these steps:
- Enter the “Control Panel” option and then tap on “Uninstall a program” option.
- Choose “MS Office Suite” option and double-click on that
- Choose change from the pop-up menu and then tap on repair
Running the trial version
Sometimes the users are working on the trial version of the application which is not only unsupportive but also provides with many hindrances. The user can face Microsoft Office not working issues like:
- The user cannot create a new document.
- The user can view existing documents. However, the user would not be able to edit them.
- The user can print documents. However, the user cannot save them.
Fix: Check the latest version
Verify whether you are doing a trial version of the Office product by following these steps:
- Begin Microsoft Office.
- Tick the Microsoft Office button.
- Tap the application name options.
- In the Navigation pane tap to open the resources.
- Tap on the “About next to” about Microsoft Office Word.
It is likable that the user might face issues even after going through these instructions and at such point they need the guidance for the same. Hence the user can contact Microsoft support number for more help