If your business life needs regular traveling, linking your AOL email account to Microsoft Outlook lets you check your AOL emails from your desktop directly without needing to visit the AOL website. You can even send emails from your AOL account when using Outlook and manage all messages in one place without keeping them distinct and organized. The emails will be stored on the AOL server, thus you can retrieve them by accessing on another computer whenever you need.
For all that, you just need to add your email account in Outlook, the process only takes a few moments to complete the setup. However, if you have any query, contact directly to the AOL customer service for quick resolution. Take a look at the steps for adding your AOL email account to Outlook successfully.
Steps to Add AOL Email Account to Outlook
- Click on the ‘File’ section, followed by the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Select the check box ‘Manual Setup or Additional Server Types’, and then choose the ‘POP or IMAP’ settings from the listed options and click the ‘Next’.
- Type your complete name and the address of AOL email account. In the Server Information, choose the specific Account Type you need to add. Microsoft endorses IMAP as it stores your emails on the server as opposite to the personal computer, letting you access them on your PC.
- Enter the ‘imap.aol.com’ in the box related to the Incoming Mail Server. In the same way, enter the ‘smtp.aol.com’ in the box related to the Outgoing Mail Server. Enter your complete AOL email address and password in the login information tab, and then click the ‘Next’.
- Now, click the ‘More Settings’ button. In the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, choose the check box ‘My server requires additional authentication’, and then click the ‘Advanced’ option and enter the ‘587’ as the SMTP port. Here, you can leave the POP port as the default selection or choose the ‘SSL’ for advanced encryption.
- Later, ensure that the ‘Test Account Settings’ box is selected, and then click the ‘Next’ button. The instructions wizard will confirm that your account is working properly and allow you to know if the details you have provided are acceptable.
Now, when you open the Outlook, it starts to download copies of the email messages already in your AOL email account. However, if you still had any confusion, or you unable to connect your account to the Outlook, you should prefer to take the technical assistance of email professionals by dialing the AOL customer service phone number, you will definitely be able to access your account on the IMAP server of AOL.